05 September, 2017

UN-LIMITED INTERNEEEEEET!!!!

Muhahahaha!!!

Soo, we Finally got internet in our apartment. 52mbit!!!! Wow. And that's fast here :P

We have a little cute router sitting under our table, beaming wifi all over the place :P (Ok, ok, he is actually quite cool looking). I got my main computer up and running again, and boy does it feel good to have all this speed and processing power (not to mention large monitor) at your disposal.

As I found out, they are still in the process of installing fiber-cables throughout the city. In some parts, the most you can get is 17 mbits.... yaiks... When I was searching for net, I almost got desperate as most companies I checked didn't even have the fiber option for our street...

Btw, for those of you in Budapest who think 52mbit is slow, try using a 10+ year old laptop with Windows XP, connected to the internet via your phone's hotspot :P (Fun fact: They have 4G everywhere. Except at night. Interestingly, I always got only H at night :P I guess they switch off some of the transmitters to save energy...?)


So, as I was trying to say, welcome back everyone :) Now that we are back in business, I'm planning on continuing with the blogging. There is a lot of things I want to share with you guys, and I have quite a big collection of pictures and interesting tidbits, so what I will probably do is release several smaller blogs, each covering one topic or another. Or maybe I will just talk about whatever comes to my mind :P Well see ^^





So, where were did I left of . . . ?

Ah yes, we arrived to our new home ^^


Basically, my first impression that  it's gray. Like, almost every building you see here is like this gray. Admittedly, by this time I was quite tired, and it was a bit hard to appreciate anything new at that point.

 This helped :P


And this is how the place looks.



LOTS of crafted, taped beer (about 20+), with great burgers. And the best part, they came in a menu. So for 5,5 Pounds (1815 HUF) you get a menu of burger, pomes, and beer :D McDonalds version 18+ (with better burger) :P





Btw, as I found out later, they do have McDonalds, KFC, Burger King, and everything else here. Also Fridays, Costa and Starbucks. Except here these are not actually expensive. They are the same price, or sometimes even cheaper then in Budapest, except the average salary is about three times higher.



And finally, we visited the sea, before heading off to our temp-apartment for rest. It was a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment